Here, our dentists explain what the iTero scanner is and how it helps you get the most out of Invisalign.
What Is The iTero Scanner?
Dentists move the iTero scanner's intraoral wand around their patient's mouth in order to create 3-D dental images.
3-D images from the iTero can be used by dentists to create dental models for restorative work like dental crowns and implants, and to diagnose and treat orthodontic issues.
Invisalign & iTero
Invisalign is a series of clear, removable aligners that straighten your teeth without the metal and wires.
iTero intraoral scanners are an excellent tool for helping your dentist plan your Invisalign treatment.
The Benefits Of iTero
- You'll never have to worry about the goopy mess that comes with taking traditional impressions.
- Your dentist can easily share your digital scans with other dental professionals and third-party providers, like Invisalign.
- Your dentist can also use the scans with the Invisalign Outcome Simulator to show you how your Invisalign treatment will look at the end.
- Regular scans with iTero throughout your Invisalign treatment can help your dentist track your progress.
- iTero scanners are simple to use and the scans they produce are much more detailed than traditional 2-D images.
- They have screens which display the digital images in real time.
- Enhanced digital scans mean more efficient and convenient treatment for you.